[TxMt] Re: bundle organization

Gerd Knops gerti-textmate at bitart.com
Tue Feb 27 00:36:22 UTC 2007

On Feb 26, 2007, at 5:15 PM, Jacob Rus wrote:

> Gerd Knops wrote:
>> Jacob Rus wrote:
>>>   * Change "MIPS" to "Assembler", and then people
>>>     can put other assembly language syntaxes in
>>>     the same bundle?
>> Actually it probably should be `Assembler/MIPS`, as it is just a
>> question of time before other CPU types might be added, like
>>     Assembler/SX
>>     Assembler/78Cxx
>>     Assembler/68k
>>     Assembler/Z80
>
> Yes, exactly.  But is there any reason for each to have its own
> bundle?
>
> I think they are better off all in the same bundle.  But maybe
> others disagree?

Depends on how much momentum TextMate gains for Assembler use,
especially in the Micro-Controller arena. Typically each Micro-
Controller has a leading development kit. That results in upload and
run commands, templates, custom snippets, probably completion etc. So
yes, for advanced use as a development environment individual bundles
would be beneficial.

Gerd