[TxMt] newbie question - configuration textmate for latex

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Mon Feb 26 04:39:02 UTC 2007

On Feb 25, 2007, at 12:00 PM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
> On Feb 24, 2007, at 3:06 PM, Christoph Eyrich wrote:
>
>> dear all,

Let me correct myself a bit,

>> i'd like to pose a few basic questions when using textmate for
>> latex files:
>>
>> (1) is there a way to get the 'typeset & view window' display the
>> log file, the way you can have it with emacs?
>> it seems that changing the values of TM_LATEX_ERRLVL doesn't help ...
>
> You'll probably have to manually change the typeset command. Right
> now it does a parsing of the log file (well, the output to be
> exact). You really want to see the entire log file, or just some
> particular parts of it that are currently not showing up?

We might be able to add that in some way, again the question is: Do
you really want the entire log file, or are you just missing some
information in the things that the log file filter shows you atm? We
could probably alter the behavior of TM_LATEX_ERRLVL and the log file
filter, if we can figure out what the meaningful levels of filtering
are.

>> (2) is there a way to get textmate use a dvi-previewer? (for
>> reasons of speed, i still prefer dvi when working on my files).
>
> You'll again probably have to modify the typeset command (perhaps
> just create one of your own from scratch, that meets your needs).
> Basically you would just use the "open" command, and then if you
> provide it with a "dvi" file it would open with whatever default
> app handles those files in your system (or you could specify it via
> "open -a" I  think. Which dvi-previewer did you have in mind?

After some thought, we should be able to do that. We are already
doing 10 tests or so in that script, one more wouldn't hurt. It would
require altering the program used for compiling as well, but it is
theoretically doable. The question is really what dvi previewers are
there out there on the mac, and how would one call them on a
particular file?

>> greetings,
>> christoph eyrich
>
> Haris Skiadas
> Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
> Hanover College

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College