[TxMt] Re: textmate Digest, Vol 29, Issue 70

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Wed Feb 21 17:08:57 UTC 2007

On Feb 21, 2007, at 10:33 AM, Lawrence Goodman wrote:

> Yes, I think the problem is encoding. Textmate uses UTF8 and
> perhaps Final Draft uses ASC II? Is there any way to work in TM in
> ASC II or perhaps there is some way to convert the file before I
> import it into Final Draft. Thanks.

In the "save as" dialog you can select the encoding, as well as what
to do with line endings. Then you can ask Final Draft to open the
saved file directly, instead of using copy and paste. I don't know if
there is any way to specify the format of the copy thing, that should
be always utf-8 I would expect.

But what I would recommend first is to see if Final Draft can be set
to use utf8. There isn't much reason for most programs to not use
utf8 in this day and age (hope I won't get flamed for that).

Haris