[TxMt] howto update: make bibliography completion work in TM

Oliver Hagmann lists at interdisco.net
Mon Feb 19 21:20:43 UTC 2007

On 19.02.2007, at 21:23, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

>> Now when using escape in a cite scope, I get a spinning beach ball
>> and I have to kill the command via Command-. . If I use Alt+Esc I
>> also get the spinning beach ball and after killing the command I
>> get this error message:
>
> Sounds like it has trouble parsing the bib-file. Can you send me
> the offending bib file, and also try with a smaller/simpler bib file?

I sent you the file off list.

>> Another thing, which stopped working, is the template insertion
>> command. When I write 'temp' and hit tab I get the following error:
>>
>> sh: line 1: ls: command not found
>> /tmp/temp_textmate.NvRU8j:14: undefined method
>>
> Hm, this is interesting. Seems to indicate some problem with your
> shell. The command that fails here is one trying to run "ls" from
> the command line.

This gives me the usual output. I have "alias ls='ls -lahFGp'" in
my .bash_profile, so I get a detailed and colored output.

> Try to type "ls" without the quotes in a line in a TM document, and
> press Ctrl-R to have it execute in shell. Do you get the same error?

This works. I get the usual output with each folder and file on one
line:
Applications
Desktop DB
Desktop DF
Developer
Library
Network
System
Users
Volumes
automount
bin
cores
dev
etc
mach
mach.sym
mach_kernel
opt
private
sbin
tmp
usr
var

> What if you type "`ls`", i.e. ls surrounded by backticks, and run
> the "Execute Line As Ruby" command from the ruby bundle?

I get "SyntaxError"

> What if you run ls from the terminal?

This is the same as running the command from the command line, isn't it?

> Haris

Best. Oliver