[TxMt] howto update: make bibliography completion work in TM

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Mon Feb 19 20:23:46 UTC 2007

On Feb 19, 2007, at 12:12 PM, Oliver Hagmann wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I didn't use LaTeX for some time with TM and started to use it
> again today. I noticed the bibliography completion stopped working.
> I remember some message by Haris on the list about removing an
> environment.plist file which was necessary once. So I removed the
> file but didn't use LaTeX until today.

Make sure to restart the computer since that point.

> Now when using escape in a cite scope, I get a spinning beach ball
> and I have to kill the command via Command-. . If I use Alt+Esc I
> also get the spinning beach ball and after killing the command I
> get this error message:

Sounds like it has trouble parsing the bib-file. Can you send me the
offending bib file, and also try with a smaller/simpler bib file?

> Another thing, which stopped working, is the template insertion
> command. When I write 'temp' and hit tab I get the following error:
>
> sh: line 1: ls: command not found
> /tmp/temp_textmate.NvRU8j:14: undefined method

Hm, this is interesting. Seems to indicate some problem with your
shell. The command that fails here is one trying to run "ls" from the
command line. Try to type "ls" without the quotes in a line in a TM
document, and press Ctrl-R to have it execute in shell. Do you get
the same error? What if you type "`ls`", i.e. ls surrounded by
backticks, and run the "Execute Line As Ruby" command from the ruby
bundle?
What if you run ls from the terminal?
> Big Thanks in advance!
> Best. Oliver

Haris

PS: Should that command not be in the source/textmate bundle instead?
A lot of people have the ruby bundle disabled since they don't use
ruby, but we still need that command for diagnostic purposes every
now and then.