[TxMt] TextMate with TeXniscope - PDF file not written to disk

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Mon Feb 19 04:03:51 UTC 2007

On Feb 18, 2007, at 10:41 PM, Álex Bueno wrote:

> While on the subject of LaTeX viewers, I wonder if it'd be possible
> to add options to the Typeset & View screen such as 'Display in
> this Window', 'Open in Preview' and 'Open in PDFView'.

That's an interesting idea, I hadn't thought of that. Currently we
use TM_LATEX_VIEWER to guide us, and default to html preview if it is
not set. We could have it so that if this variable is not set then
the user gets to pick which viewer they want (and with a helpful
message that if they want to declare a preferred viewer, then they
can set the above variable).
Should be easy to do I think, and I kind of like the idea. It offers
a new user with reasonable options. Hardest part would probably be
figuring out what previewers are installed in the user's system, but
I think find_app can do that for us, at least for the standard ones.

Any thoughts from other LaTeX users? Would this be helpful?
> Best,
> Alex

Haris