[TxMt] Subversion Commit

Tobias Jung newsgr at tobiasjung.net
Sat Feb 17 17:03:49 UTC 2007

At 21:45 Uhr +0100 16.02.2007, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>  On 16. Feb 2007, at 16:53, Tobias Jung wrote:
>
>>  [...]
>>  But then I changed a file, selected "Commit" and TextMate said:
>>       svn: Commit failed (details follow):
>>       svn: Can't get password
>>
>>  So what am I doing wrong?
>
>  The various subversion commands in TextMate does not support
>  interactive prompting of passwords.
>
>  If the repository is accessed via webdav (http) the authentication
>  should be cached by svn automatically, but you need to give it at
>  least once (so e.g. do a checkin via Terminal).
>
>  If the repository is accessed via ssh, you need to generate a
>  public/private key pair to allow login via private key (do not put
>  a passphrase on the private key, otherwise svn will instead prompt
>  for that password).

The repository is accessed via svn, like this:
svn://servers-ip-address/projectname

I now checked in via a subversion client (SmartSVN) which worked
because I provided the password there. Then I tried to commit via
TextMate but it still didn't work, so obviously the authentication is
not cached.

Will the public/private key pair work here, too?

Kind regards,
Tobias