[TxMt] Ruby Auto Complete Not working?

James Edward Gray II james at grayproductions.net
Fri Feb 16 03:17:16 UTC 2007

On Feb 15, 2007, at 6:58 PM, John Tsombakos wrote:

> On 2/14/07, James Edward Gray II <james at grayproductions.net> wrote:
>>
>> 1.  Make a brand new Rails project:  rails test
>> 2.  Edit database.yml so it can hook up to a development database.  I
>> just used sqlite3.
>> 3.  ruby script/generate model just_one
>> 4.  Open then new model file and put the caret in the class
>> definition
>> 5.  Type val (or validate if you prefer, I checked both) and trigger
>> rcodetools completion
>>
>> Note that I *did not* have Rails vendored here and this worked just
>> fine.
>>
>> Does this much work for you?
>
> Nope. Got the "No matches were found" tooltip.  :(

Interesting.  Maybe it has trouble with some architectures or (more
likely) Ruby environments and has nothing to do with Rails projects.

Sadly, I have to admit that I am about out of good ideas now.

I guess the next step would be to see if you can get rcodetools to
work outside of TextMate...

James Edward Gray II