[TxMt] some parts mercurial bundle does not work for me

Fred B fredb7 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 12:16:09 UTC 2007

On 2/15/07, Yi Qiang <yqiang at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 14, 2007, at 1:53 PM, Fred B wrote:
>
> > Could you try to make and run a new command with this:
> <snip>
>
> This produces exactly the same error:
>
> (...)

Which means the problem doesn't come from the bundle. Weird you don't
get the same error on the CLI... Thinking of it you probably just use
"hg status" and not "hg status xxx" in the Terminal.

> I think I found the problem though.  This works fine:
>
> "$TM_HG" --debug status (versus "$TM_HG" --debug status "$WorkerPath")
>

> i.e. do not pass it $WorkPath.  I am not sure why it gets passed
> anyways since your $PWD is already $WorkPath.  It doesn't seem to be
> necessary, but then again I am quite naive about these things.

You're right, I don't remember why I made it like that...
I plan to work on the bundle as soon as I have some time anyway, I'll
check this.
Glad it's working for you for now.
There is not a lot of people using the hg bundle, so it doesn't get
much testing beside myself, it would be nice if you could test it when
I'll make changes.

> Well, not a python guru, but this is apparently a mercurial bug.
>
> http://www.selenic.com/pipermail/mercurial-devel/2006-October/
> 000140.html
>
> It has to do with symbolic links, maybe we will get a fix from the
> mercurial guys soon :)

Nice catch!