[TxMt] "edit in textmate" does not support umlauts

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Feb 13 18:28:16 UTC 2007

On 13. Feb 2007, at 18:10, m.zeckinger wrote:

> it seems like the "edit in textmate" does not support page names
> with (e.g. german) umlauts. when saving and doing an apple+w the
> contents do not get pasted back to safari.

So nothing gets back at all? Or just the accented characters turn up
blank/wrong?

> i think the problem must be related to the umlauts, since it works
> with non-umlaut html form documents.

Have you set TM to use something besides UTF-8 in the preferences?
Cause that would likely break the service.

If not, try look at the temporary file used to edit the form.

> will this be fixed in the future?

Can you provide a reproducible example? Cause it works fine for me.