[TxMt] (no subject)

Ethan H. Darling ethan at grokcodile.com
Tue Feb 13 17:48:52 UTC 2007

Anyone,

In version  (Version 1.5.4 (1360)) of textmate there is a new
XHTML1.1 template.  The problem I now have is that when you run Tidy
from the HTML bundle on a XHTML1.1 document  it converts the document
to XHTML1.0 strict.  This is a little odd.  Additionally it does not
do this well because the resulting XHTML1.0 Strict document is not
valid. Iit leaves the (version="-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN") attribute
from the original XHTML1.1 document templet.  So, you end up with
some odd non-valid document.  I love html tidy but maybe I'm doing
something wrong.  I don't know how to change it so that HTML tidy is
nicer to XHTML1.1 documents.  The XML bundle version of tidy works
well for now, but its not that same because I have to select in
manually.  I can't just press (opt, shift, H).

If anyone has fixed up how they have Tidy cleanup an XHTML1.1
document please share.

Thanks you for your help!

- Ethan