[TxMt] [C Bundle] Better C++ Class Constructor, typedef snippet

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sun Feb 11 13:54:41 UTC 2007

On 22. Dec 2006, at 03:06, Ryan Wilcox wrote:

> I'd like to propose two additions to the C bundle.
>
> First, an easy snippet: typedef. [...]
>
> Second, a modification on an old favorite: the class snippet.
>
>     Most of the classes I write are subclasses of something else.
>     Except the class snippet echos my colon and subclass declaration.
>
>     Meaning, I end up with class declarations like: [...]

I just did this checkin:

  • add typedef snippet (with tab trigger ‘td’)
  • change tab trigger for class and struct to ‘cl’ and ‘st’
respectively (semi-consistent with ‘ns’ and ‘td’)
  • make the class snippet strip potential “ : public base_class”
from first placeholder when mirroring it down in the constructor/
destructor name

Since most of the classes I write are not derived classes, I went for
the “strip the public bit in the constructor” rather than make a
placeholder for the base class (which I would then always have to
delete).