[TxMt] Re: Calling JavaScript Bundle developers

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Fri Feb 9 22:46:54 UTC 2007

On Feb 9, 2007, at 5:33 PM, subtleGradient / Thomas Aylott wrote:

> I think your option is actually better in the short term.
> Put it in the default bundle now, but leave out the larger bits.
> Then make it easy for people to install the larger bits if they
> feel so inclined.

> Good plan. Let's do it

One more vote on this as well. Even 2.3MB is quite a lot, given that
the whole TM binary is 23MB atm, so we are talking about a 10%
increase in the file size, so the binaries should definitely be
downloadable somehow. Ideally the user should just have to say YES I
WANT THIS SO BAD, or say I ALREADY HAVE IT INSTALLED, HERE IT IS. But
if these commands are really so cool, we want them in the main
Javascript bundle, no questions about it.

Haris