[TxMt] Input Environment Variables

Wolfgang Machert wmachert at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 4 09:24:18 UTC 2007

Hello :)

When writing bundles, the current environment contains the variables
TM_INPUT_START_(LINE|LINE_INDEX) to contain the corresponding data
from the beginning of the selection. If I need to have a look at the
text at the beginning and end of the selection I would use these
variables for the start and TM_LINE_(NUMBER|INDEX) for the end.

Fine - as long as I just select downwards (placing the selection
start-point to the left and/or higher than the selection end-point.
If I do an upward selection this will leave me with no information
about the (lower) end-point at all as the current position equals the
start position.

Is it possible to have some additional TM_INPUT_END_(LINE|INDEX)
variables to definitely catch the end-point data no matter what kind
of selection (downward/upward) has been used?
It would also be convenient having both the start-/end-point line
content (not only the current) as an environment setting which saves
reading the whole document for one of two lines again.

thanks so far
Wolfgang