[TxMt] Slow osascript in drag command

Dr. Drang drdrang at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 22:48:14 UTC 2007

On Dec 20, 2007 3:45 PM, Allan Odgaard <throw-away-2 at macromates.com> wrote:

> TM would have to explicitly register for non-file/text types. But it
> would also have to have code to actually handle that drop. I.e. if AB
> does not provide the info as a file, there is presently no system for
> the drop command to actually get to the data.

Apple clearly changed something. In Tiger, a drag command for "vcf"
files that was simply 'echo $TM_DROPPED_FILE` would insert some
temporary file name when invoked by dragging a card directly from AB.
Presumably, that temporary file was the reason the drag command
worked. Maybe Leopard has "streamlined" things to where the temporary
file is no longer made.

Frankly, I was surprised when dragging a card from AB to TM worked in
Tiger. I'll just have to decide on another way of transferring the
information.

--
Dr. Drang