[TxMt] R daemon running 'inside' of TM + QUESTION on ram drive

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 20:14:11 UTC 2007

On Dec 20, 2007, at 2:50 PM, Hans-Jörg Bibiko wrote:

>> Why not set return to be the trigger for the execute command,
>> instead of enter?
> Good question. For me, it's quite handy because I use the R console
> as text document AND R console, but I guess everyone can change
> this easliy.

Fair enough. I personally would prefer having enter force a newline
and return be execute. But I guess that's a change I can make locally.

>>> Hmm... I will sleep about it whether there is an easy to
>>> implement this.
>>
>> The last line is the only one not ending with a newline character,
>> so it should be doable to detect that.
> I guess this I only can do with TMTOOLS.
> I bind the key ARROW-UP/DOWN to tmcommand; it will detect whether
> there's a \n or not; if not then invoke the history stuff; BUT now
> it comes the big question how to send the key event MoveUp/Down to
> TM if there's a \n ?? Any ideas?

Frankly I have not looked at TMTOOLS, at all, so I probably can't
help much there. I was thinking of perhaps matching this in the
grammar level. I can sort of do it with a syntax like:

{	scopeName = 'source.r-console';
	fileTypes = ( );
	patterns = (
		{	name = 'source.r.embedded.r-console';
			begin = '^> ';
			end = '\n|\z';
			beginCaptures = { 0 = { name = 'punctuation.section.embedded.r-
console'; }; };
			patterns = (
				{	name = 'variable.testing';
					match = '.*[^\n]\z';
				},
				{	include = 'source.r'; },
			);
		},
	);
}

But then it is hard to have the last line also be syntax colored
according to the R syntax. But my grammar-foo is quite rusty, to say
the least.

> --HANS

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College