[TxMt] Re: Multimarkdown bundle borked

John Laudun jlaudun at mac.com
Thu Dec 20 18:53:02 UTC 2007

On Dec 20, 2007, at 06:00 , textmate-request at lists.macromates.com wrote:

>> So I finally upgraded to Leopard, but somehow my Multimarkdown
>> bundle got borked? I went to preview a document in XHTML and got
>> this:
>>
>> /bin/bash: line 2: cd: ~/Library/Application Support/MultiMarkdown: =
>
>> No such file or directory
>> /bin/bash: line 3: cd: bin: No such file or directory
>> /bin/bash: line 4: ./multimarkdown2XHTML.pl: No such file or
>> directory
>>
>> I remembered having some difficulties with this a while ago, but I
>> couldn't remember what I had done to straighten it out. I went to
>> the bundle's help file, thinking it might jog my memory, but it too =
>
>> is coming up with a similar error report. Is this a problem a re-
>> install will solve?
>
> I assume this is Fletcher=92s own MultiMarkdown bundle and not our
> default MultiMarkdown support.
>
> It sounds a little bit like an unquoted shell variable. It might be
> good to fetch his latest bundle and see if that still has the
> problem, =
>
> if it does, paste the source of the command in question.

Hmm. I downloaded the current versions of the TM bundle AND the
separate Multimarkdown folder that gets placed in the Application
Support folder AND I went ahead and created a TM_MULTIMARKDOWN_PATH
shell variable in my preferences that points to

~/Library/Application Support/MultiMarkdown (Can I leave the space in
like that?)

And I'm still seeing the same three lines of reported errors when I do
a Preview and use the Multimarkdown option of export to XHTML.

The preview from within the Markdown bundle works fine, but, of
course, it doesn't support things like external style sheets like
Fletcher's MMD bundle does.