[TxMt] R daemon running 'inside' of TM + QUESTION on ram drive

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 16:28:20 UTC 2007

Hi Jorg,

	I just started using this and it look pretty sweet so far (though
admittedly I haven't gone far ;) ). The only problem I am seeing so
far is with plots, the first time they are generated. If the plot
window is closed, and I run something like "plot(1:10)", sometimes I
get:

326:331: execution error: System Events got an error:
NSReceiverEvaluationScriptError: 4 (1)
or sometimes
331:336: execution error: System Events got an error:
NSReceiverEvaluationScriptError: 4 (1)

Though actually I cannot reproduce this now ;).

Anyway, very nice work! I've been copying and pasting for way too
long ;).

I'll let you know if I find any other problems, I tend to use R quite
a lot these days.

The only thing that would worry me about the RAM drive idea is the
question of handling large data sets. Probably I am misunderstanding
how it works, but what happens if you load some data that would take
more than 80M?

Best,
Haris Skiadas
Hanover College