[TxMt] tab completion for NSArray

Allan Odgaard throw-away-2 at macromates.com
Thu Dec 20 11:57:54 UTC 2007

On 19 Dec 2007, at 19:36, Artie Ziff wrote:

> While watching the 2nd obj-C screencast, I noticed Allan was getting a
> tab-completion on the word NSArray. Is it possible that particular
> tab-completion was removed from Textmate since the screencast was
> created? Or might I not have all the obj-C bundles?
>
> FTR... I get a rewrite/insertion of this:
>        NSMutableArray *array = [NSMutableArray array];
> when I do a tab completion on the word:
>        array

I am quite certain that there has always been only the array⇥ which I
have been using since day one.

We did temporarily have a ⌃= key that would make «class» into
because somebody told me it was his favorite feature in Eclipse (for
Java), I removed it again, as I newer used it.

> Perhaps creating such a tab-completion is so simple I can create my
> own?

Indeed! :)

See http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/bundles#tab_triggers
And http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/snippets#snippets

> Do some bundles exist which are not distributed via the textmate svn
> repository?

Yes, but I am not aware of any for Objective-C not in the repository.
Be aware that in the repository we have the ODCompletion bundle which
really should be merged with Objective-C, it has a few handy shortcuts
for Objective-C development.