[TxMt] There was a problem reading the preferences file, continuing with defaults

Maxime Boissonneault maxime.boissonneault at usherbrooke.ca
Mon Dec 17 18:05:49 UTC 2007

Hey,
I just got this message when compiling something that I used to compile
without any problem before. This causes me lots of trouble since it now
compiles with pdftex instead of latex... so my eps images don't work.

I searched on Google and I found something about the plist read and to
install Leopard... THIS IS NOT AN OPTION! I don't plan on installing
Leopard now and not before a few months.

Please tell me the fix for it. Is it possible to correct the plist file
so that it works ? I don't care if it's a temporary fix, I need my
compiler NOW.

Maxime Boissonneault
Étudiant chercheur à la maîtrise en physique
Président de l'AGLEBUS
maxime.boissonneault at usherbrooke.ca
president.aglebus at usherbrooke.ca
(819) 821-8000 #63072 (jour)
(819) 823-1913 (soirs et fins de semaine)