[TxMt] Color picker for CSS/HTML coding

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Fri Dec 14 06:59:08 UTC 2007

On 14.12.2007, at 05:42, Rob McBroom wrote:
> On 2007-Dec-13, at 3:51 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>>> I think just "Color Picker…" would give you a pretty good idea
>>> what it does.
>> Should we also change “Open…” into “File Requester…” or maybe
>> “Open File with File Requester…” ;)
> "Show Colors…" (*with* the ellipsis) is better than what we've got,
> [...] same about "color picker" though. How about "Open a Graphical
> Color Selection Panel in a Separate Window That Will Insert a
> Hexadecimal Representation of the Selected Color when Closed…"?

If the naming of commands is really an issue I'd suggest for TM 3.0
to allow to have two names for a command:

short form as menu item name
"Insert #COLOUR…"

and (optional)

a long form as Tooltip/extra optional column (which should also be
searchable)
"Open a Graphical Color Selection Panel in a Separate Window That
Will Insert a Hexadecimal Representation of the Selected Color when
Closed if TextMate – while inserting – is not crashing and one
understands the inserted string as a sequence characters not as
fundamental particle of the Theory of Everything…"

--Hans