[TxMt] Color picker for CSS/HTML coding

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 21:11:25 UTC 2007

On Dec 13, 2007, at 3:51 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 13 Dec 2007, at 16:23, Rob McBroom wrote:
>
>> On Dec 13, 2007, at 9:54 AM, Thomas Aylott - subtleGradient wrote:
>>> Maybe "Insert Color with Color Picker…" ?
>> I think just "Color Picker…" would give you a pretty good idea
>> what it does.
>
> Should we also change “Open…” into “File Requester…” or maybe “Open
> File with File Requester…” ;)

I can understand why you prefer the "Insert Color..." version, it is
more consistent with other such instances within TM, and it should be
clear enough to anyone, and matching TextMate's "task-oriented"
approach.
That said, "color picker" is a common phrase describing exactly this
kind of construct, and thus closer, in my opinion, to what the user
would expect to find. I remember I was also looking for the words
"color picker" when needing such a command.
By contract, the Open/Save menus are not really referred by anyone as
"File Requesters", at least not that I know of.

So I would tend slightly towards the "Color Picker..." variant.

On the other hand, if I were a user wanting to find how to work with
colors, I would type: cmd-ctrl-T, followed by "color". This would
lead me to the correct command in either case.

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College