[TxMt] For all R users: a R daemon running 'inside' of TM (first trial)

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Mon Dec 10 07:33:11 UTC 2007

On 10 Dec 2007, at 00:06, xolela at mac.com wrote:
> Thanks...  This looks impressive...  I will take a look at it & see
> how this would help  compared to the my current work flow using
> the  'usual'   R bundle which has served very well...  I also do
> alot of sweaving BTW..
>
> Does  installing the daemon "break"  the other R bundles?   Will
> the other R  bundles be the active ones until you type 'start' &
> TAB..?  How about after?
Actually no. The only thing is that the R daemon shares some key
combinations. But this should be solvable (maybe via different
languages). The R daemon runs in its own environment, meaning one can
run R from the Terminal or as R.app without interfering.

> I want to  help in testing & critiquing the daemon, but need to be
> able to continue working with the current R bundle  in the meantime..
I would be appreciated ;)

> but need to be able to continue working with the current R bundle
> in the meantime..
this shouldn't be the problem

--Hans