[TxMt] LaTeX equation tooltip preview

baptiste auguie bapt_4510 at yahoo.fr
Sun Dec 9 11:17:27 UTC 2007

Hi Textmate fellows,

I've always been slightly jealous of emacs' auctex
mode with previewing of images and equations in a TeX
document. I understand the issue of dealing with fancy
fonts in a source editor, but would it be possible to
create a preview of parts of the code in the form of
tooltips?

I've been thinking of that for a while, considering
the use of latex2html to generate images, or the sleek
LaTeXit freeware. These two would really slow down the
process, as they call latex and generate images.

Now I think I've just found the ultimate tool:

http://www.math.union.edu/~dpvc/jsMath/welcome.html

This is by far the best math publishing solution I've
seen on the web when it comes to including math on
html pages (MathML, although promising, is really
lacking support).