[TxMt] For all R users: a R daemon running 'inside' of TM (first trial)

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Thu Dec 6 13:41:12 UTC 2007

Hi,

some additions.

-If you have installed CarbonEL, you also can plot to quartz()
without X11.

-tcltk stuff also works (with X11) BUT there is a problem:
If I quit my tcltk session via tkdestroy everything is fine BUT R's
CPU coverage is then always around 1%???
I don't know why. Even if I start R in a normal Terminal - the same
result.
Thus one should modify the break statement inside of the execute script.

If one changes this to let's say break if CPU<2% one would also speed
up the entire script enormously! But then one has troubles for very
large outputs.

Anyway, I'm using this bundle for my daily work and it turns out it
works pretty good ;)

--Hans