[TxMt] ruby folding: do... end.a_method

Niko Dittmann ni-di at web.de
Tue Dec 4 11:18:51 UTC 2007

Hi everone.

I recently tried to make ruby folding work all through our rails
project and almost succeeded.  Typical offenders are p.e. do... end
statements in one line (we just use {} now).  But I have problems
with do... end blocks which directly get a method sent to:

blabla.collect do |whatever|
   format(whatever)
end.join(',')

Here the folding stop working for everything that follows in the
document and in this case it's difficult to rewrite the code to make
folding work (suggestions highly appreciated).  I tried to modify the
Ruby language grammar to no avail and it seems that folding should
work here:

Shouldn't this line within the foldingStopMarkers match?  I'm
confused and would be grateful for any help.

Regards, Niko.