Re: [TxMt] Original file not appearing in project drawer after "Save as…"

Jeroen van der Ham jeroen at je-ju.net
Fri Aug 31 12:36:53 UTC 2007

Bernat Lleonart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been seeing this for some time, and I'd like to know if any of
> you knows what the problem is:
>
> Let's say I'm editing a file (file1.html), and I save it with another
> name (Save as file2.html). After that action, I'll be editing
> file2.html, but if I want to open file1.html, it doesn't show in the
> project drawer. I can't access it using Command+T, either.

Yes, unfortunately this is they way TextMate works...the current design
of the drawer does not allow live monitoring of the underlying file system.

> If I quit Textmate and reopen it, then I can see file1.html in the
> drawer.

It should be enough to just switch to another app, and then back to
TextMate. That triggers an update of the drawer, and then your file
should appear.

Jeroen.