[TxMt] creating new project files in restricted directories

Eric Abrahamsen eric at abrahamsen.com
Tue Aug 28 03:18:34 UTC 2007

This is barely a bug, but still seemed worth a quick mention. I've
got a project file in my /opt/ directory, which I'm using for fooling
around with my local apache installation. I do not have write
permission in /opt/, because I'm not logged in as admin (a habit from
the early days of great bash disasters). When I go to 'create a file'
in the project drawer and choose a location within /opt/ to create
it, clicking 'ok' fails silently – no error message or request to
authorize. In other circumstances I've seen TextMate ask for
authorization as admin, and it would be nice if it did the same here.

Like I said, hardly a crucial issue, there are a million ways around
it, but it seems like it ought to work.

I'm using build 1414, if that makes any difference.

Yrs,
Eric