[TxMt] Anyway to Trick Textmate to Print Double spaced?

Ale Muñoz bomberstudios at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 23:05:00 UTC 2007

On 8/26/07, Colin Gregory Palmer <CGP at colingregorypalmer.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there any way to get textmate to print out documents double spaced?

Here's what I do for my Markdown stuff:

- Create a CSS stylesheet for printing. Adjust your line spacing there.
- Save it to ~/Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/Themes/WebPreview/print.css
- Preview your doc in TextMate
- Hit &#x2318; + P
- Enjoy :)

You may have to override some default styles from TextMate, but the
effort is *really* worth it.

In fact, I now use "Print as PDF" to create beautiful documentation in
PDF for clients from Markdown documents.

Check this quick sample:
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/bomberstudios/979133640/>

I've found the "Inspect Element" command in Safari 3 / WebKit is a
really powerful tool for creating your custom CSS file. You could also
take a look at the default CSS files in
<http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/Support/themes/default/> to
get an idea on what you should override.

I think the TextMate manual does not go give enough information about
this feature (it had *nothing* last time I checked :) but it's not
rocket science either...

Please share your experiences, I think the whole list would benefit
from more information about it.

Hope it helps...

--
Ale Muñoz