[TxMt] Latex compile error

Kevin Horton khorton01 at rogers.com
Sun Aug 26 11:15:47 UTC 2007

On 25 Aug 2007, at 21:15, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> On Aug 25, 2007, at 7:44 PM, Clover wrote:
>
>> What could I have done that will give me this error when I hit
>> command-R for compiling latex:
>>
>> "python: execv: /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/
>> Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python: No such file or
>> directory"
>
> It sounds like there is some problem with your setup for python.
> The command runs a python script that starts with the line:
>
> #!/usr/bin/env python2.3
>
> This means it should explicitly look for and use python2.3. In your
> case, it seems to be doing something weird. Have you messed with
> the python installation in any way? Hopefully Brad, or someone else
> more knowledgeable with Python, might be able to help us here.

What if he is using the latex bundle that comes with TextMate, rather
than the newer one from svn?  As near as I can tell, its texMate.py
starts with:

#!/usr/bin/env python

If the script was assuming a python2.3 installation, and he had some
newer python (for whatever reason), could this lead to his error?

Kevin Horton
Ottawa, Canada