[TxMt] Latex compile error

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 01:15:02 UTC 2007

On Aug 25, 2007, at 7:44 PM, Clover wrote:

> What could I have done that will give me this error when I hit
> command-R for compiling latex:
>
> "python: execv: /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/
> Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python: No such file or directory"

It sounds like there is some problem with your setup for python. The
command runs a python script that starts with the line:

#!/usr/bin/env python2.3

This means it should explicitly look for and use python2.3. In your
case, it seems to be doing something weird. Have you messed with the
python installation in any way? Hopefully Brad, or someone else more
knowledgeable with Python, might be able to help us here.

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College