[TxMt] Beamer requests

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 13:36:20 UTC 2007

On Aug 25, 2007, at 8:27 AM, Édouard Gilbert wrote:

> Le 25 août 07 à 14:17, Mark Eli Kalderon a écrit :
>
>> Aug 25 2007, at 05:12, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry I lost you here a bit. There is no "Miscellaneous (Beamer)"
>>> file. Are you asking that one be added? Is the only difference
>>> the smart treatment of < and > ? As it is, all the others are
>>> treated smartly in beamer currently.

> Wouldn't it create some troubles with inequalities?

True, though < is much more often used for overlay specifications in
beamer than for inequalities, at least in my experience.
The other option is to have a snippet bound on ctrl-shift-<, that
would simply insert a "<$1>". So we are losing automatic deletion of
pairs (though undo would do the trick in most cases) and the ability
to surround selected text with <,>. I find that, because of the
typically short text in the overlay specification, it might not be
worth it considering the angle brackets as a smart pair in beamer.
Would the above snippet be a reasonable solution?

Also, if you use the "Insert Environment/Command" mechanism, it
should be inserting the overlay specifications for you. Is that not
the case? If you use custom commands, then you can add them to the
mechanism as local preferences.

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College