[TxMt] Subversion --ignore-externals on Commit

Ryan Bates rbates at artbeats.com
Tue Aug 21 23:41:02 UTC 2007

Hi,

If I edit a file which is considered "external" to my subversion
repository (think plugin in a Rails app) and then run the Commit
command from the Subversion bundle, it will include that file in the
commit process. But of course this will fail because I can't update a
file that isn't in my repository (it's external). I can uncheck the
check box every time but that is kind of a pain.

So I dug around in the Subversion bundle and changed line 94 of
svn_commit.rb to this:
status_command = %Q{"#{@svn_tool}" status --ignore-externals #
{@paths_to_commit.quote_for_shell_arguments}}

That just adds the "--ignore-externals" option so I no longer have
this problem. It makes sense to do this because the normal "svn
commit" command doesn't include external files. It would be great if
this change could be made to the original bundle so this ugly hack
won't be necessary. Thanks.

Regards,

Ryan