[TxMt] Textmate Blogging and Typepad

Stephen Walli stephen.walli at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 06:09:01 UTC 2007

Hi All:  I'm a new Textmate user.  (I love it.)  Was trying to use
the blogging bundle with a Typepad blog.  I'm having difficulties
trying to get it through the first test fetch of recent posts.

I've been working with Typepad support for the past few days as I
assumed the problem was on their end.  They're pushing back to
Textmate now.  They claim Typepad supports the metaWeblog XML-RPC API
in their Knowledge Base: a search for "metaweblog api" and it returns
an article called "TypePad and Desktop Clients" at an obscenely
unreadable URL.

(http://support.typepad.com/cgi-bin/typepad.cfg/php/enduser/
std_adp.php?p_faqid=87&p_created=1125520929&p_sid=5-
AnQzJi&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jb
nQ9NCZwX3Byb2RzPSZwX2NhdHM9JnBfcHY9JnBfY3Y9JnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3Rle
HQ9bWV0YXdlYmxvZyBhcGk*&p_li=&p_topview=1)

The only Typepad discussion I found on the Textmate mailing list
search was this old unanswered post:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.editors.textmate.general/11960/
match=typepad

I found no discussion in the original post comments that helped either:
http://macromates.com/blog/2006/blogging-from-textmate/

My setup line looks like the following:

# Blog Name      URL
Once More Unto the Breach          http://stephenrwalli@typepad.com/t/
api#000001

It prompts me for a password, then returns:
Received Exception: HTTP-Error: 302 Found No posts are available!

I've also tried:
http://stephenrwalli@typepad.com/cgi-bin/mt/mt-xmlrpc.cgi#1
http://stephenrwalli@typepad.com/cgi-bin/mt/mt-xmlrpc.cgi
http://stephenrwalli@typepad.com/t/api
http://stephenrwalli@typepad.com/t/api#1
http://www.typepad.com/t/api [which prompts for both username and
passwd and returns Invalid Login (403)]

I would assume I should receive a post or two per the demonstration
video. I'm not a constant blogger, but have 4 posts in the last 30 days.

Are there places I haven't looked yet?
Ideas?  More information I can dig out?

kindest regards,
stephe

Stephen R. Walli
mailto:  stephen.walli at gmail.com
mobile:  +1 425 785 6102
skype:   stephen.walli
IM:      stephenrwalli at AIM | YIM | Hotmail OR stephen.walli at gmail
blog:    http://stephesblog.blogs.com  (Once More unto the Breach)
podcast: http://stephenrwalli.libsyn.com (Once More unto the Breach
podcasts)
flickr:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/stephenrwalli