[TxMt] [POLL] Infinite UNDOs / Transparent History management?

Alexey Blinov nilcolor at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 08:31:53 UTC 2007

On 8/16/07, Thomas Aylott (subtleGradient) <oblivious at subtlegradient.com> wrote:
> On Aug 16, 2007, at 3:50 AM, Alexey Blinov wrote:
>
> What I'm talking about with this feature is handling all the in
> between steps that aren't good enough to commit, but nothing as tiny
> as a few characters.
>
> And also getting SCM used by people on single-developer projects and
> individual random files.
>
> But, yes. This system would have to be optional.
>
> to really do this right it would have to be a part of TextMate itself
> instead of just a textmate bundle. And since I have no clue how to
> program textmate plugins and don't have the source code for textmate
> handy, I'm going to have to settle for making this as a textmate
> bundle and overwriting command-s or something.

So... i think it will be good if TM saves undo history in hidden file
(with history deep as an option) and load it with file. For ex. if i
edit something called uber-function.rb TM creates file
.uber-function.rb[.tmhistory] and write undo there. I open file and TM
loads undo history for it... Am i right?