[TxMt] LaTeX bundle: problems with label completion

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 07:11:19 UTC 2007

On Aug 17, 2007, at 2:47 AM, Piero D'Ancona wrote:

> Hi
> label completion does not work anymore for me.
> I get an error
>
> /tmp/temp_textmate.vTWc4N:4:in `require': no such file to load
> -- /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Support/lib/LaTeXUtils.rb
> (LoadError)
> 	from /tmp/temp_textmate.vTWc4N:4
>
> There is an alias LaTeXutils.rb in the Application Support
> in the /Library, and indeed it points nowhere (since when?)
>
> But:
> - if I replace the alias with a new one pointing at the true
> LaTeXutils.rb  inside the LaTeX Bundle, I get a new error
>
> /tmp/temp_textmate.cwZcvm:6: uninitialized constant LaTeX (NameError)
>
> - if I delete the alias altogether, I get the old error.
>
> So clearly there is some trouble with directories,
> but  I did not change anything recently,
> apart from updating religiously via svn.
> Any help?
>
> Piero

Hm, it seems to work just fine over here. Are you sure you don't have
things that conflict under ~/Library/.. ?
The LaTeXUtils.rb in the global support directory is for about a week
now supposed to be a symbolic link to the corresponding file inside
the LaTeX bundle. Here is what I get when I do an ls there:

charilaos-skiadas-ibook-g4-2:~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/
Support/lib haris$ ls -la L*
lrwxr-xr-x   1 haris  haris  54 Aug 14 14:04 LaTeXUtils.rb -> ../../
Bundles/Latex.tmbundle/Support/lib/LaTeXUtils.rb

(I have the checkout under ~/Library instead of /Library, but
otherwise there should be no difference.

I guess the only thing this system assumes is that your checkout of
the Support directory and the LaTeX bundle are under the same location.

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College