[TxMt] Markdown Extra for Markdown Bundle?

Fred B fredb7 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 12:15:18 UTC 2007

I personally much prefer Markdown-extra over MultiMarkdown, and as I
use ME in my blog, it was easier to use it everywhere anyway.

There was no Maruku at the time I did this, I'd try that now instead.
Last time I tried, Maruku failed in some rare edge cases but works fine overall.

You can use php on the command line.
What I did is make a script that calls ME, then I call this script
instead of markdown.pl in the commands.
It's a bit slow sometimes, but it works.

Here the script:

✂------✂------✂------✂------✂------✂------✂------✂------✂------✂------
#!/usr/bin/php -q

<?php
    include_once "/path/to/markdown-extra.php";

       while (!feof(STDIN)) {
           $my_text .= fread(STDIN, 4096);
       }

    $my_html = Markdown($my_text);