[TxMt] [POLL] Infinite UNDOs / Transparent History management?

Thomas Aylott (subtleGradient) oblivious at subtlegradient.com
Thu Aug 16 10:59:43 UTC 2007

On Aug 16, 2007, at 3:59 AM, Gaby Vanhegan wrote:
> On 16 Aug 2007, at 08:12, Tony Crockford wrote:
>
>> I'd only want full files available to revert to though, the one
>> character at a time undo is a pain at the best of times.
>
> Is it possible to have a checkbox somewhere in the preferences pane
> that toggles between 1-char undo and 1-word undo?  If the checkbox
> is ticked then when you undo something it keeps doing undo steps
> until the undo that was just undone matches either of these criteria:
>
> 	- The next undo and this undo are on different lines in the document
> 	- The next undo is a whitespace character (tab, space, newline)
>
> That's the simplest way I can think of to use a single-char undo to
> do word-level undo with not much coding required.
>
> Gaby
> --
> Junkets for bunterish lickspittles since 1998!
> http://www.playr.co.uk/

That makes good sense, but it might be beyond my abilities with a
simple textmate bundle.
I'd probly haveto make that a separate part of the whole history
management thing.

for the first version I was thinking of only archiving a history item
when you manually save the file with the command-s shortcut.

If someone could figure out the technical side of doing that, I'm all
for it.

	thomas Aylott — subtleGradient — CrazyEgg — bundleForge