[TxMt] [POLL] Infinite UNDOs / Transparent History management?

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Thu Aug 16 07:12:47 UTC 2007

On 15 Aug 2007, at 21:38, Thomas Aylott (subtleGradient) wrote:

> You'd never had to install or configure or set up anything. It
> should all just work™

I'm interested.

I'd only want full files available to revert to though, the one
character at a time undo is a pain at the best of times.

and also I'd only want to revert to points where I hit save and
closed the file I think.  In other words all those file saves that I
have automatically when TM loses focus I can undo changes while the
file is open, but if I do a manual save or save as then I'm
committing my changes - an undo for each of those would be good, if
this new function was simple enough it would provide chunked undo,
wouldn't it?

e.g. make a small change use TM's char by char.  Make a big change
and save and then step backwards using this new function?

it would be the recovery from "oh, that actually didn't work after
all, go back a step and start again" type issues that I'm currently
getting round by making back ups of directories of files...

(I mostly use TM for XHTML/PHP/CSS, and it's usually cross browser
compatibility issues that make me want to backtrack)

looking forward to seeing it develop.