[TxMt] [POLL] Infinite UNDOs / Transparent History management?

Thomas Aylott (subtleGradient) oblivious at subtlegradient.com
Thu Aug 16 01:09:13 UTC 2007

On Aug 15, 2007, at 4:49 PM, Steven.Klass at smsc.com wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Really good idea.  Can you make the UI so if we use an SCM the the
> rev number is associated with that submission?  i.e
>
> [10:25 8/10/07] AutoSaved
> [10:27 8/10/07] Saved        - Commited Rev #12654
> [11:33 8/14/07] Saved
> [11:34 8/14/07] AutoSaved
> [11:35 8/14/07] Saved - Commited Rev #12672
>
> And alternatively we can wipe the history to a value ( like 500
> saves or 20 SCM commits/submits )  Are we planning to take advantage
> of time machine on this??
>
> ---
>
> Steven M. Klass
>
> Strategic Manager, Design Automation - Analog Mixed Signal
>
> SMSC

Awesome.

That's a good idea. Group the timestamps together in a logical way.
If there are a bunch close to one another make the last one take
precedence and group the rest under it like a folder in list mode.

Then tagging the change with the revision number that your real SCM
uses is a great idea!

I'm not sure I can do anything with timemachine, but that sounds
awesome.

Allan, any official plans for this kind of thing? Time Machine support
would be lovely.
Maybe we should port E.exe[0] to the mac, it has really great history
management and undo ;)

[0] http://e-texteditor.com/blog/2006/making-undo-usable

	thomas Aylott — subtleGradient — CrazyEgg — bundleForge