[TxMt] Re: [LaTeX Bundle] Illegal Math

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 15:41:25 UTC 2007

On Aug 13, 2007, at 10:54 AM, guerom00 wrote:

> Charilaos Skiadas <cskiadas at ...> writes:
>
>> It is in the "TeX" language grammar. Can you send us the examples
>> that is colored incorrectly? If something is marked as illegal and it
>> is not, then this is likely a bug in the grammar, which I'd like to
>> get fixed.
>
> Sure…
>
> http://myskitch.com/guerom00/illegal_math-20070813-165228.jpg

Ok, the problem was with a rule I had added to mark the interval from
a single dollar sign to a newline as illegal, thinking that inline
math is not allowed to go over one line. However this is not really
true. What is not allowed is having two consecutive newlines inside a
math environment, but I have not found a way to match that. So I just
removed the rule, which means that an older problem concerning
runaway dollar signs and what ends up being colored as math in that
case.

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College