[TxMt] New LaTeX Bundle + Master File + Completion

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 20:28:29 UTC 2007

On Aug 12, 2007, at 4:05 PM, Brad Miller wrote:

> One thing I wish we could improve for citations would be to make
> the completion command use the BIBINPUTS variable.  I keep all my
> bib files together in a single directory since I tend to reuse them
> for lots of different papers.  cite_scan/parse_bibfile assumes that
> the bib files are in the same directory as the master file.  Unless
> you specify *a* file with TM_LATEX_BIB.

IIRC (haven't looked at them in a while) the commands use kpsewhich
to decide at which locations to look for bib files. So I suppose the
issue is the familiar issue that ruby scripts don't for the most part
inherit shell environment variables. So we can probably solve this in
a way similar to how we do it for the LaTeX command, by actually
calling the script from within a shell script, to force TM to go
through its process of sourcing the relevant init files. The problem
with this however is that, IIRC, Allan was thinking of dropping
sourcing of shell init files for commands in general, and not just
for those with a shebang line.

So, if you define BIBINPUTS from within TM, the completion commands
don't respect it?

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College