[TxMt] My homemade bundle dialog boxes don't work anymore

James Edward Gray II james at grayproductions.net
Sun Aug 12 16:19:58 UTC 2007

On Aug 12, 2007, at 9:18 AM, logista wrote:

> When I use a command that has this statement
>
>     require "#{ENV["TM_SUPPORT_PATH"]}/lib/dialog"
>
> I get an error:
>
>     /tmp/temp_textmate.rl42pL:3:in `require': No such file to load --
> /Users/barbara/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Support/lib/dialog
> (LoadError)
> 	from /tmp/temp_textmate.rl42pL:3
>
> I'm not a programmer -- I just used the example from the TextMate book
> for the dialog box, and it worked until this last update to Version
> 1.5.6 (1414)
>
> How can I fix this, please?

Yes, the book is a little behind the times on this point.  Man
software changes fast!

We've moved this library in TextMate's support libraries and it has
undergone some changes.  The first step to catching up is to switch
your require to:

   require "#{ENV['TM_SUPPORT_PATH']}/lib/ui"

Your code may just work with as little as that.  If it doesn't, show
the dialog part of the code and we will help you fix that up.

James Edward Gray II