[TxMt] Compiling Latex with TextMate ???

Brad Miller bmiller at luther.edu
Sat Aug 11 21:18:57 UTC 2007

--
Brad Miller
Assistant Professor, Computer Science
Luther College

On 8/11/07, Charilaos Skiadas <cskiadas at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 2, 2007, at 12:33 PM, Brad Miller wrote:
>
> > I'm going to give some more thought to how we can allow users to
> > provide their own custom latex compile scripts without creating
> > their own command in TextMate.
> >
> Any reason why we can't just offer the user the option of a "custom
> script" in the popup, with a text field next to it for them to write
> the full path to the script? Then, I think, users should be able to
> port their "engines" from TeXShop just fine. (Btw, I think your use
> of the word "engine" in the menu might be slightly different than
> TeXShop's).

My intention was not to follow TeXShop.  I think of latex, pdflatex, xelatex
as different typesetting engines.  But, there may be a better word that we
could use there.

In other words, just like they now select latexmk.pl, they should be
> allowed to type an arbitrary path to a shell script there. (That was
> in fact the point of the TM_LATEX_COMPILER variable).

What do you think of the attached screen shot?

Btw, why is latexmk.pl an option in the popup? Is it independent of
> the four options there?

I didn't put it in the popup because its not the same thing as the others.
Plus, potentially latexmk.pl could be instructed to use the engine specified
by the popup.