[TxMt] Using gmail and not seeing own messages

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 14:28:44 UTC 2007

On Aug 8, 2007, at 10:19 AM, Niels Kobschätzki wrote:
> On Aug 8, 2007, at 4:12 PM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
>
>> On Aug 8, 2007, at 9:54 AM, Niels Kobschätzki wrote:
>>
>>> On Aug 8, 2007, at 3:49 PM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
>>>

> <snip>
>
>>> Because I'm using Mail.app I set up smart folders for each
>>> subscribed mailing list which include my own sent mails to the
>>> mailing list. Then I can see them, too as well.
>>
>> I have set rules that move the files to local mailboxes, but of
>> course those rules only apply to incoming mail :(
>
> Smart folders are the way to go -- I have nowadays only an archive-
> folder (actually several ones - after a quarter is over, I create a
> sub-folder for received messages and move them over) and some
> folders for GTD-style-handling of mail (because of the unread count
> which is not always updated on smart folders). The rest is done via
> smart folders.

I also have smart folders that show me the unread messages from the
list folders, but I don't have them look into the sent mail. But even
if I did that, the message will still not be shown as a new, unread,
message. The point is that the way things are now, I have no easy
confirmation that my message was sent to the list.

> Niels

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College