[TxMt] Re: New Latex preferences don't work

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 14:00:22 UTC 2007

On Aug 8, 2007, at 9:44 AM, guerom00 wrote:

> Charilaos Skiadas <cskiadas at ...> writes:
>
>> Do you have anything under /Library/Application Support/TextMate?
>> What do you get if you do:
>> svn status /Library/Application\ Support/TextMate
>
> I remember now : I keep my bundles in
> ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Pristine Copy/Bundles

That's really not the place to keep bundles checked out from subversion:
http://blog.circlesixdesign.com/2007/03/02/textmate-bundles-explained/

> So now, I receive :
>
> [rom:~] rom% svn up Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/Pristine\
> Copy/
> subversion/libsvn_subr/utf.c:466: (apr_err=22)
> svn: Can't convert string from 'UTF-8' to native encoding:
> subversion/libsvn_subr/utf.c:464: (apr_err=22)
> svn: Library/Application Support/TextMate/Pristine Copy/Latex.tmbundle
> /Snippets/\begin{}?\226?\128?\166\end{}.tmSnippet
>
> This is gonna drive me nuts… I can feel it… I seem to remember reading
> a workaround for this UTF-8 problem but it involves environnement
> variable in bash. I use tcsh…

You need to set the environment variable: LC_CTYPE to have value:
en_US.UTF-8
You can probably find out how to do this in tcsh. The following
should do it, according to: http://wings.buffalo.edu/computing/
Documentation/unix/tcsh.html

setenv LC_CTYPE en_US.UTF-8

Typing simply "setenv" should show you the variables you have available.

> TIA

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College