[TxMt] GetBundle questions

Oliver Hagmann lists at interdisco.net
Tue Aug 7 09:01:50 UTC 2007

Hey there

I recently had a look at the GetBundle bundle and liked the fact,
that you can have a look at the available bundles online and then
select which ones to install. I also like the growl notification (why
doesn't it use my default bezel?).

I'm currently updating my bundles manually via svn from http://
macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk and always install all bundles
including the support folder, plugins, etc. It takes up some space on
my HD but that way I'm sure, all the bundles work properly. I install
them in my "/Library/Application\ Support/Textmate/" folder. If I
remember correctly, this is the recommended place to install
additional/updated bundles. The question I asked myself is, why
GetBundle installs its bundles into "~/Library/Application\ Support/
Textmate/Pristine\ copy/Bundles"? -- It would be nice, if there was
some kind of setting or shell variable, where you could set where to
install the bundles (for all users or just the current one). The way
it's handled now, the bundles available via svn and the ones I
install manually via download and double-click get mixed up in the
same folder (Pristine copy). Also I don't now how the updating of the
Support or PlugIn folders gets handled via GetBundle. I'm reading a
lot about conflicts between wrong versions of the dialog plugin and
bundles which depend on the newest version of the plugin on this list.

Maybe someone can shed some light on these things? Maybe a help file
for this bundle wouldn't be wrong also, since it's targeted to users
which aren't familiar with svn and how this whole bundle thing works.
Thanks in advance!

Oliver