[TxMt] Symbol PopUp and Plain Text

Takaaki Kato devlist at samuraicoder.net
Mon Aug 6 19:18:34 UTC 2007

On Aug 6, 2007, at 11:54 PM, Michael Gregoire wrote:

> Hi all... there's something that's been bugging me for a while.
> I've been wondering if it's possible to add a symbol to the Symbol
> PopUp in a Plain Text file?
>
> I know that I can use bookmarks, but I much prefer the Symbol PopUp
> for file section navigation.

What kind of behavior do you want to get? Symbols are automatically
picked up in each file configuration (e.g., IDs in HTML and functions
in many other programming languages). Plain text simply don't have
such things. If you want to have such a functionality, you need to
set up a preference for symbol list in language preference.

See here <http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/
navigation_overview#function_pop-up> about customizing the symbol list.

Takaaki