[TxMt] Re: Distributed model for bundles

Jacob Rus jacobolus at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 17:14:35 UTC 2007

Jeremy Wilkins wrote:
> Without wishing to turn this into a which scm is best discussion, git
> isn't the easiest system for non-technical users to learn - it is aimed
> at power users. You may end up with a situation where using the version
> control is harder then creating the bundle. I've not used mercurial much
> but I know thats meant to be simpler than git, I have used bzr which
> i've found dead simple and quite like subversion, and it branches
> happily from subversion. I'm sure theres other possibilities.

Git has been improving very rapidly though.  It is vastly easier for
normal (non-power-) users than it was a year ago, and I imagine it will
be still better in another year.  I don't know if you've tried Git
recently; if not you should give it a try.  If you stick to the basics,
I'd say it's about as easy as SVN.  But there's of course a lot of extra
power there too, if you want it.

-Jacob