[TxMt] [XCode Bundle] BUILD_FOLDER environmental variable

Ryan Wilcox ryanwilcox at mac.com
Mon Aug 6 00:00:12 UTC 2007

On 8/4/07, at 12:00 PM, textmate-request at lists.macromates.com said:

>>> In your case, you have the build dir in the .xconfig file?
>>> Ideally we would extend our code to also look there.

>> OTOH, would that make a good fall back when we can't find the
>> executable even in $PROJECT_DIR/build ?
>
>Probably not ideal [to get the Executable Path via an AppleScript],
>since it would start up Xcode (if not already running), and would
>require Xcode to have the current project loaded. Personally I do
>not have Xcode running most of the time.

Ok. Then would configuration based environmental variables be useful for the Xcode bundle? You tell the XCode project you're building Debug configuration (and/or X target) and TM will use Debug environmental variables instead of Release ones... or environmental variables specific to that target.

(This would also solve my problem in a round-about way: I could specify a TM_BUILD_DIRECTORY_DEBUG and TM_BUILD_DIRECTORY_RELEASE and, since I specified that I'm building Debug, TM would use TM_BUILD_DIRECTORY_DEBUG to find and launch the app)

Later,
_Ryan Wilcox

--
Wilcox Development Solutions:          <http://www.wilcoxd.com>
Toolsmiths for the Internet Age            PGP: 0x2F4E9C31